If you are interested adopting from Save Our Strays, kindly complete the pre-adoption application.
TO COMPLETE A PRE-ADOPTION APPLICATION CLICK HERE.
We generally ask a $250.00 cash donation(may be a bit more - depending on our vet fees/medical care provided to the pet) for adoptions of our dogs or pups & $125.00 cash donation for adult cats or kittens. This may be slightly higher depending on if any special medical care is required by the pet. (Sorry - we no longer can take checks for adoptions due to receiving bad checks in the past.) Prior to adoption, all of our pets are vetted: They are given age appropriate shots, de-wormed and have been spayed/neutered- even the pups & kittens. If you are interested a pet, the first step is to complete a pre-adoption application - (click on the link above). Once we have your information and complete reference checks, we will get back in touch with you to schedule a time to meet . Please note: We are volunteers and ALL meetings are scheduled by appointment only.
Please note that adoptions are not done on a first come, first serve basis, and filling out an application does not guarantee the adoption on any dog/puppy, cat/kitten or other animal.
We reserve the right to refuse any applicant, at any time, for any reason. We are looking for the best possible home for this animal. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Donations made for adoptions are not refundable.
Adoption fees are not refundable.
- You'll save two lives: the pet you adopt and the pet Save Our Strays can take in as a result of your adoption.
- You'll know what you're getting: Save Our Strays can provide some insight into behavior on adoptable pets and all adoptable pets have been examined by a vet.
- Your perfect pet is waiting for you: 6-8 million cats and dogs enter shelters each year in addition to countless other species.
- 25-30% of shelter dogs are purebred.
- You'll save money: "Free" pets are no bargain. Save Our Strays cover initial veterinary costs, including:
- Spaying/neutering $250-300
- Distemper vaccination $20-30 x2
- Rabies vaccination $15-25
- Heartworm test $15-35
- Flea/tick treatment $50-200
- TOTAL: $400-670